Insurance Advisory Service now in partnership with Warren Buffet’s Berkshire Hathaway Insurance Australia and Steadfast Brokers.
IAS is excited to announce a new partnership agreement which, from July 6 of this year, will allow us to offer our commercial customers competitively priced Home and Contents Insurance and Motor Vehicle Insurance from a top-rated provider, backed by superior policy wording, exceptional financial advice, and an Australia-based claims handling service.
In announcing the new Australian offering, Warren Buffet said: “Berkshire is a large, very diversified company here in the US, but despite the fact we’re in a great many businesses our first love, our long-time love, our future love, has always been the insurance business.”
Who is Berkshire Hathaway Insurance Australia (BHIA)?
BHIA is part of Berkshire Hathaway Specialty Insurance Company, in strategic partnership with IAG for its Domestic Offering. It holds financial strength ratings of A++ from AM Best and AA+ from Standard and Poor’s. They have a large and stable balance sheet, which gives customers and brokers confidence in their ability to pay claims. Their industry leading position also enables them to provide innovative, tailored solutions and sound, agile financial advice from highly experienced industry professionals.
New products available
- 3 different home product options and 2 different of Motor products
- Multiple premium options quoted simultaneously
Benefits to our customers
- Backed by Berkshire Hathaway credit rated AA+
- Large and stable balance sheet
- Committed to sustainable insurance solutions
- Quick Quote Turnaround
- Comparison document includes insurer benefits and differences between products
Give BHIA and IAS the opportunity to match or beat your current policy and know that you have the backing of a great product, reputable insurer and your broker acting on your behalf in the event of a claim.
We're celebrating our exciting new partnership and products with a free offer to help you ensure you have the right cover.
Home and Contents
You really need to have an idea of what your replacement value of your home would be in the event of a total loss. Should you ever need to rebuild your house, you would not only have to pay the costs of labour and materials, but would also be faced with a range of extra or 'supplementary' costs, including paying for:
- Accommodation while your house is rebuilt.
- Removal of debris from the site.
- Architects or other professionals to draw up plans.
- Services to make your property safe for workers.
- Lodging plans with your local council.
- Any increases in materials cost whilst building is underway.
Depending on the circumstances, these costs can really add up quickly. For example, some people who lost their homes in the Canberra bush fires of 2003 were out of their homes for more than 12 months while they were waiting for their houses to be rebuilt. Also, a vast majority of claimants were underinsured and ended up out-of-pocket.
Contact us today to take advantage of our offer: a no cost e-replacement valuation of your property, to ensure that you are covered for the estimated replacement value*.
How to choose the right motor vehicle insurance policy
When deciding what policy is right for you, here are some important questions to ask yourself:
- What is the claims process?
- Can you choose your own Smash repairer or will you have to go with one that the insurer provides?
- Are the repairs guaranteed?
- Is your car insured for Agreed or Market Value?
- If the accident is your fault will your ‘no claim’ bonus be affected?
- Will you have to pay excess if you can nominate the other driver responsible for the loss or damage?
- Will you need a rental vehicle if your car is unusable for a period of time while being repaired?
Call us to obtain a quotation and comparison on your existing Motor Vehicle Insurance.
To find out more about this special offer available through Berkshire Hathaway Insurance Australia and Steadfast Brokers, call us on (02) 8268 2900.