Frequently Asked Questions
To Protect Assets from Fire/Water/Storm Theft etc…
- There are many other claimable events that can happen outside COVID-19
Just in case someone gains entry to the property and injures themselves and sues you
- even if you are not on the property and they are not isolating themselves
Professional Indemnity & Management Liability
These policies are Claims Made
- which means that you can claim on these policies for work that was completed for previous years up to current date
- if you cancel now then you are leaving yourself open for potential liability and having no policy to cover you
Reduced Working Hours
Even though you might just complete one job a week for a while, you will still require current insurance
- You may be in breach of a contract or lease if you cancel an insurance that you require for work
These days, many brokers and insurers online use computer formulas to determine ‘best fit’ policies. Often completed online, these formulas can only be as effective as the questions programmed to be asked and the answers given. IAS provides qualitative, face-to-face advice and our approach is adjusted to fit your specific needs and industry
Life, Total and Permanent Disability, Trauma and Income Protection
- Now more than ever in this COVID-19 Crisis we need protection, we don’t know how this heightened crisis and anxiety will play out and how long it will last and I’m sure that we will be seeing an increase in claims when the after effects are fully analysed and comprehended
- Mental anguish and secondary traumas are born from stress, these are some of the claimable events that are covered in the insurance policies listed above
The challenge with this theory is:
- That the new business rates may increase significantly rather than renewing current contract
- It is better to renew and then work on a payment plan rather than taking a gamble that an insurer will take you on again
- Things may improve and you have time to sort it out, with us in your corner!
As with most things, you need to obtain expert advice. To the inexperienced or untrained, a range of insurance policies may look the same, but actually be quite different. Don’t wait until you have to make a claim to find out that you’re not covered. Get in touch with IAS today.
There is an old saying “you only get what you pay for!” with insurance this is invariably true. Ensuring that you are covered correctly for the things that are important to you is as essential as obtaining good advice and proper coverage. Saving a few dollars up front may end up costing you hundreds or even tens of thousands of dollars down the track. If you do go with the cheapest policy, ensure that you understand why it’s cheaper – not everything is always as it seems.
IAS works with businesses and families to build and protect their financial wellbeing. Most insurance brokers will only look after the Business needs and refer the personal requirements to another unfamiliar advisor. We like to keep everything with the one main key contact within the businesses so that we can build an ongoing relationship.
Insurance Advisory Service is 100% non-conflicted. This means that we are not bound by any one product or group of products, and are able to assess and advise freely. As a client, this means that you get objective advice and recommendations that are based upon our experience and industry knowledge, not our relationship with the product or insurance provider.
Bigger really is better. Steadfast brokers together form Australasia’s largest network of general insurance brokers and are well positioned to look after your insurance needs. Independence, with Group strength – Each broker operates independently, using local experience and industry knowledge to customise solutions that suit individual businesses. Through the size and reach of the Steadfast they also have access to best choice insurance products not publicly available.
A customised solution doesn’t write itself: it’s a Steadfast broker’s job to get inside the inner workings of your business. They consult closely with each client, walking you through a risk assessment, taking into account how your business performs, its operating environment, market trends and your people. Having gained an understanding of what’s important to you, they are well placed to determine your overall insurance and funding needs.
So no matter what kind of business you’re in, no matter how many staff you have, a Steadfast broker can provide expert advice, source insurance solutions and funding options that make sure your doors remain open.
We have seen on a number of occasions where business clients have been caught out when using a bank facility for all their business and personal borrowings. Cross-collateralisation clauses with mortgage documents can mean that all your assets could be used to repay debt if things go wrong in your business. This could mean losing your home!
Yes with freedom of choice, you can pick your fund and how your contributions are invested. By taking control of your superannuation, this could add substantially more funds at retirement by investing to your correct “risk profile”.
Some clients manage their own superannuation and invest in real property, however this should always be done with the correct advice and it is not for everyone. IAS can sit with you and discuss the possibilities of this approach along with the pro’s and con’s of this strategy.