(Australian Associated Press)
GOVERNMENT PAYMENT FORTNIGHTLY RATES
* Parenting Payment Single – Rises from $793.10 to $850.20. Average supplement $22.12.
* JobSeeker (upper) – Rises from $612 to $667.50. Average supplement $14.26.
* Jobseeker (base) – Rises from $565.70 to $620.80. Average supplement $14.26.
* Youth Allowance (other, away from home) – Rises from $462.50 to $512.50. Average supplement $7.76.
* Youth Allowance (student, at home) – Rises from $304.60 to $354.60. Average supplement $6.10.
CHANGES TO MUTUAL OBLIGATION SCHEME
* Job seekers will be required to search for a minimum of 15 jobs a month from early April, increasing to 20 jobs per month from July 1;
* An employer reporting line will be established to refer job seekers who are not genuine about their job search or decline the offer of a job;
* Some job seekers will be required to participate in work for the dole after six months;
* Job seekers can choose to participate in an approved intensive short course instead of participating in work for the dole;
* Job seekers return to compulsory face-to-face services with Jobactive providers;
* Increased auditing of job applications to ensure job seekers are making genuine applications.
(Sources: Prime Minister’s Office; Families Minister. Figures include March indexation.)
Disclaimer: The information contained in this article is general in nature and does not take into account your personal objectives, financial situation or needs. Please consider whether the information is appropriate to your circumstance before acting on it and, where appropriate, seek professional advice.